On October 11, BCREA launched its new Professional Development Program (PDP) course, Contract Bootcamp. This course is exactly what it sounds like: a series of practical, real-life exercises designed specifically to improve the contract-writing muscle tone of BC REALTORS®. The bootcamp metaphor was chosen to stress the idea that writing enforceable contracts, like physical fitness, takes dedication, practice and repetition, even for professionals.
Upon completing this six PDP accredited three quarter day course, learners will:
- understand that it takes concrete skills to write enforceable contracts;
- understand the issues and challenges licensees may experience when writing or reviewing contracts;
- recognize that writing enforceable contracts takes practice and dedication;
- be able to determine the errors and oversights with a contract;
- understand and articulate the standard terms contained within the Contract of Purchase and Sale; and
- be able to utilize relevant forms, web links and some additional tools to further understand and explain contracts, contained in the Professional Toolkit.
The next Contract Bootcamp course will be held at the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board on November 10. To register, contact your member board. Please note that pre-assignment work is required before attending the course, as well as bringing an electronic device (e.g., an iPad, tablet or laptop) to the course for completing in-class activities.
To learn more about the Contract Bootcamp course, watch the following video: