As you are aware, British Columbians live in some of the most expensive real estate in North America. This second Housing Affordability Symposium (HAS), organized by the Canadian Home Builders’ Association of BC, will bring together stakeholders from industry and all levels of government to discuss actions to improve market housing affordability.
As a sponsor and planning partner for this event, BCREA encourages organizations and individuals connected to the housing sector and community development to participate in this exciting opportunity for BC’s future.
Housing Affordability Symposium
February 2-3, 2012
Delta Vancouver Airport Hotel
HAS 2012 will provide issue-specific workshops, sharing ideas to balance housing costs and community needs. The Symposium allows for an open discussion of issues and solutions on market housing affordability and takes action to lower housing costs and remove barriers of entry for all British Columbians. Confirmed speakers include:
- Honourable Rich Coleman, Minister Responsible for Housing
- Mayor Richard Stewart, Coquitlam
- Michel Labbe, Options for Homes, Toronto
- Michael Geller, President, Geller Group
- Tsur Somerville, Director, UBC Centre for Urban Economics and Real Estate
- Bob Ransford, Senior Consultant, Counterpoint Communications
Please see the HAS 2012 Agenda for details.
Please register today at www.withinyourmeans.ca. If you have questions about HAS, please contact Auli Parviainen, Conference Manager, at 604-567-1172 or [email protected].